Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for identifying, defining, and designing solutions to improve the customer experience through the introduction of new features and functionalities and the improvement of existing ecommerce features and functionalities.
The Senior Product Manager will:
- · Determine and define the functional scope of projects that introduce new features and functionalities and/or improve upon existing ecommerce features and functionalities.
- · Partner with Business Analysts to create supporting user stories, documents and specifications for these projects (e.g. ROI analyses, functional specifications, use cases, usability scenarios).
- · Partner with banner business owners to assemble and prioritize strategic roadmap initiatives specific to the banner of business, as well as incorporating companywide objectives into the plan.
- · Manage Product Managers supporting banner roadmap priorities, ensuring project requirements are prepared and signed-off within an appropriate timelines.
- · Work closely with Project Managers to ensure that projects are proceeding according to schedule and meeting functional and design specifications. Participate in Design, Development, Quality Assurance, and UAT cycles and sign off on all development projects before website “go live” implementation.
- · Identify and solicit internal recommendations for website improvement and incorporate in discussions regarding product roadmap. Perform cost/benefit analyses of proposed projects in order to determine priority and feasibility. Build relationships and act as liaison between merchant, creative, copy, IT, QA and management groups to reach consensus on specifications for new website features and functionality.
- · Research and recommend “best practices” based on competitive analysis for website development projects. Lead A/B testing and usability study design and execution for major projects.
- · Partner with downstream teams to build requirements on projects related to Order Management Systems, Product Information Management tools and other backend systems.
- · Measure and track project performance and provide the organization with post-launch results analysis.
- · 6 or more years experience in e-commerce environments
- · 4 or more years experience in creating scope documents, functional business requirement specifications and use cases
- · 4 or more years experience in user acceptance testing (UAT), usability testing, and A/B testing methodologies
- · Bachelor’s degree
- · Extensive understanding of retail ecommerce landscape, including “best practice” features and functionality.
- · Ability to develop business functional specification and use cases
- · Understanding of software testing methodologies and software development life cycle process
- · Understanding of A/B testing design and execution
- · Understanding of web technology fundamentals
- · Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- · Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- · Proficient with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- · Experience with Scrum/Agile software development methodology a +
- · Knowledge of site analytics tools such as Omniture or Coremetrics
- · Familiarity with web technologies such as Flash, Ajax, Java/J2EE, and web content management systems
- · Ability to work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- · Ability to work independently to diagnose problems, analyze issues, identify and evaluate options and communicate results clearly with a focus on improving process and quality results
- · Self-motivated, resourceful and creative mindset
- · Systematic and organized methodology
- · Keen attention to details
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills
- · Ability to multi-task
- · Team player
- · Consensus builder