Assistant Photography Manager, Stills
Location POTTSVILLE DC , Pennsylvania, United States
Job Opened 04/27/2017
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 16000L3Q
Job Type Full Time
The Assistant Photography Manager is responsible supporting the Photography Manager for all type of photography, including off-figure ready to wear (RTW), table top, jewelry and slant sets. This individual will assist in leading a team that may include Stylists, Photographers and Digital Technicians. In addition to being an active photographer, the incumbent assist in meeting daily goals from a HBC quality standards perspective and from a productivity perspective. They will be responsible for ensuring all assigned items are uploaded to the proper destination for the next step in the operation.
The studio is fast-paced environment with an average of 75-85 items per day per set for fashion and 45-50 items per day per set for stills.
- Ability to photograph any item for the studio production.
- Composes shots based on style guides and art direction to meet with our vision.
- Execute highest of standards by setting up lighting, composition, color accuracy, and exposure for each shot.
- Displaying expert technical knowledge of camera hardware, capturing software, studio lighting, and a strong eye for detail.
- Provide supervision as well as mentoring, training, development, and performance management of the photography team.
- Efficient workflow management, organization and communication.
- Preform daily quality control and address results with the photography team.
- Upload RAW image to proper destination
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in photography or related field.
- Knowledge of photographic techniques such as lighting & composition.
- Expert knowledge in color correction
- Ability to work within deadlines, thinking creatively to increase productivity and
- Results driven and a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- 5+ years as a photographer in an E-commerce Photography environment
- Expert photographic abilities in all types of product photo especially in fashion
- Previous management experience or tenure as Sr. photographer
- Pro knowledge with Capture One software and studio lighting equipment
- Superior skills with Photoshop.
- Pro knowledge Operating experience of Mac OS.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure and demonstrated
• Ability to set priorities, problem solve multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.