Location POTTSVILLE DC , Pennsylvania, United States
Job Opened 04/27/2017
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 170000GP
Job Type Full Time
The Image Editor is responsible to reviewing every image created in the studio by a team of staff photographers. The focus of the job is to prepare the images for publication to one or more of our various ecommerce sites. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining quality assurance for off shore retouching services. Any additional required corrections will need to be made using advanced Photoshop techniques such as clipping paths, balancing backgrounds, eliminating unwanted imperfections, wrinkles, dust and rigging tools. The technical ability of this associate will provide the critical consistency of all images. This associate will also maintain the image database that resides in the studio and prepare image transfers to production applications. The environment is extremely fast paced by photography standards with an average item count over 50 items/bay for fashion and 30-40 items/bay for still life.
- Quality Assurance of Off Shore imagery
- Image Editing using advanced Photoshop techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography, Computer Graphics, or Graphic Arts.
- MAC proficient with superior expertise using Photoshop and other image manipulation software.
- Superior knowledge of color theory, pre-press and print technologies is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently with little direction.
- 2-3 years professional experience required in a high volume studio environment
- Superior knowledge of Photoshop and excellent photo-retouching skills necessary. Retouching skills include but are not limited to; creating good selections, masking, dropping in backgrounds, cropping, color correcting, curves/levels adjustments, liquefying, compositing and using history states.
- Video Editing experience using Final Cut Pro is a plus.