Location POTTSVILLE DC , Pennsylvania, United States
Job Opened 04/27/2017
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 170000M5
Job Type Full Time
The Jr. Photographer is responsible for organizing and maintaining sets and studio equipment; including cameras, computers, lighting and grip gear. The Jr. Photographer is responsible for shooting certain off-figure fashion, soft and hard goods with the supervision of a more senior photographer. On occasion, the Jr. Photographer will assist in building and prepping sets for a broad range of photography needs.
- Photographing apparel on mannequins.
- Photographing alterative shots for soft goods, mains and alternative shots for hard goods
- Composes shots based on style guides and art direction to meet with our vision.
- Execute highest of standards by setting up lighting, composition, color accuracy, and exposure for each shot.
- Manage the completion of tracking sheet execution and style guide lists
- Use of Photoshop to perform retouching functions
- Export files according to specifications
- Administrative tasks related to the photo studio; involves preparing sets, checking that all equipment is functioning properly, setting up lighting and accessories
- Inspect equipment (i.e. cameras and lights) for possible technical problems and communicate equipment problems with the necessary parties
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in photography or related field.
- 2 - 4 years as a photographer in an E-commerce Photography environment
- Knowledge of photographic techniques such as lighting & composition.
- Ability to work within deadlines, thinking creatively to increase productivity and throughput.
- Results driven and a sense of urgency.
- Self-starter and self-driven.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Phase One Capture One software.
- Superior Photoshop skills
- Operating experience of Mac OS and Microsoft Office.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to set priorities, problem solve multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment