HBC Digital Senior Front - End Engineer
HBC Digital is responsible for driving the digital retail/ecommerce and digital customer experience across the enterprise including all HBC retail banners. HBC Digital will position our retail banners as leaders in the digital arena now and drive innovation for the future.
As part of this new division, HBC Digital is modernizing its systems top to bottom. Front-end engineers for HBC Digital are responsible for engineering the presentation layer of saks.com, saksoff5th.com, thebay.com, lordandtaylor.com and GILT. Successful candidates will possess the unique skill set to help create a world-class responsive front-end, built using industry best practices, delivering highly interactive, Web 2.0+ functionality. This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented technical team and gain cutting edge experience for recognizable brands.
• Play a key role in building next-generation web applications
• Evaluate, and revamp existing front-end code, identifying areas for improvement
• Specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with AJAX and similar technologies
• Work closely with back-end developers, creative and business teams, advising on front-end technical decisions for new site functionality
• Develop high performance webpages, minimizing load time.
• Evaluate the quality of code and provide quick, effective feedback to the team
• Identify best-practices and evolutions in front-end development in areas including as HTML5/CSS3 and mobile web development
• Contribute to project definition by suggesting technical and UI approaches that help achieve project goals
• Lead the development and design of dynamic, interactive web pages using the latest web standards
• Demonstrate outstanding skills in developing cross-browser / cross-media
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with a focus on
UI and firm understanding of front-end best practices
• Detailed understanding of OO programming with recent focus on
modern front-end technologies
framework: React/Redux, Backbone, Angular
• Experience and understanding of CSS preprocessors SASS/LESS
• Good understanding of revision control systems (GIT), and
deployment processes (Grunt/Webpack)
• Build & process tools: Grunt, Gulp, Node, NPM, Bower
• Understanding of modular code structures: CommonJS, AMD, UMD,
• Experience setting up RESTful interfaces
• Good understanding of server-side web frameworks such as JSTL
• Active in developer community: meet ups, github, personal blog
or technical writings
Collaborative team - your input is desired and valued by the
Creativity and thinking ‘outside the box’ is promoted within all
80/20 rule; Each week you will have the opportunity to explore
new technologies, check out what others are doing in your field,
and share new trends that you observe with your team.
Summer Hours and early release before holidays, flexible PTO
Enjoy highly desirable employee discounts to Gilt, Saks Fifth
Avenue, Saks OFF5TH and Lord & Taylor.