Human Resources Director - Saks Fifth Avenue
The Store HR Director is a partner to the VP, Human Resources and Human Resource Managers in executing the people strategy to support the selling organization and the implementation of key company initiatives. In partnership with the VPHR and HRMs, the HRD develops people strategies for their store to include components for coaching, career development, internal movement, retention strategies, talent acquisition strategies and succession planning for exempt associates. Through execution of HR strategy, the HRD will support the store in increasing sales and improving service.
Drive Talent Development
• In partnership with the VPHR, conducts talent assessments for associate population to identify high potentials and to align top talent with focus businesses.
• Leverages L&D resources to provide appropriate training to close identified skill gaps.
• Serves as coach to the Management team to enhance the effectiveness of their leadership style and increase engagement of their teams.
• Ensures the consistent use of the Performance Management Process to drive accountability and elevate executive talent within the region.
• Oversees the recruitment of top sellers and the development of internal Million Dollar Books in order to achieve year-over-year growth of Million Dollar Books within each store.
• In collaboration with the Centralized Recruiting team, as appropriate, ensures jobs are filled in order to drive business.
• Actively participates in the interview process for all store positions.
• Leads the mindset that “recruitment is everyone’s responsibility” within the store in order to reduce open jobs and time-to-fill.
Drive HR Operational Excellence
• Acts as a ‘change agent’ for the store to effectively support cultural transitions in support of strategic initiatives.
• Ensures effective rollout and implementation of corporate HR initiatives.
• Partners with the Employee Relations Service Center to resolve escalated employee relations issues and conducts follow up where needed.
• Effectively utilizes internal experts in benefits, compensation, etc to ensure location is compliant with company-wide HR policies and procedures.
• Leverages Centers of Excellence on an as needed basis.
• 4 year degree preferred.
• Training Experience is a plus.
• The ability to build effective and motivated teams, sound business judgment, and understanding of employment law are required.
• Proven abilities in the areas of organization and talent development.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• 5-7 years of related HR experience is required in retailing or other fast paced service and selling environments, in positions of increasing responsibility and volume.
• Strong experience with executive coaching and development.
• People management experience.