Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
This individual will assist the Procurement team in an
analyst capacity, working with team leaders to provide support in the day to
day activities of the Procurement department.
Working in a fast paced dynamic environment, this is a significant
opportunity to help drive improvement to the company’s bottom line and to
interface with leaders across the enterprise while building a solid foundation
for future growth in Retail procurement, supply chain, and finance.
- Work within the Procurement team to generate value and optimize HBC's indirect spend
- Perform detailed analysis of spend and other data to develop baselines, identify savings, define efficiency opportunities and target costs, and identify initiatives that should be undertaken
- Develop and recommend sources of supply. Assist in executing competitive bid events which includes conducting market research, managing the competitive bidding process, preparing vendor price/service comparisons, negotiating commercial terms, and driving procurement projects to contract execution
- Support contract negotiations and work with internal and external Stakeholders and to execute contracts
- Under supervision, lead end-to-end strategic sourcing in select categories
- Perform complex and detailed analysis required to support benefits estimation and savings documentation
- Identify and manage cost drivers and analyze life cycle costing challenges
- Developing relationships with internal and external stakeholder
The successful candidate has a demonstrated aptitude for creative problem solving, analytics, and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Expertise with database applications such as MS Access and SQL Server is strongly preferred
- Understanding of economic principles, statistics, and price forecasting
- Must be able to analyze large amounts of data, structure analysis, and come to meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Must be a critical thinker with good analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple stakeholders at the same time
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and displays ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels confidently
- Previous work experience in retail or procurement is preferred but not required
Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in relevant discipline (Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Management, Finance)
Office environment with up to 10% travel within the United States and Canada.