Human Resources Generalist
Location: New York City
Reporting Relationship: The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Director of Human Resources
Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC, we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
The Human Resources Generalist will support the HBC Corporate team. In this role, the Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for serving all of the team’s human resources needs: organization support, learning and development, employee relations, recruitment, performance management, facilities and compensation. The successful candidate will also serve as a forward-thinking leader, responsible for identifying, developing and implementing key human resources initiatives that will substantially enhance the success of our business.
Role responsibilities include:
- Actively pursue knowledge of retail business practices, policies, organization structure, roles and responsibilities to better understand the business.
- Partner with senior HR staff to guide management through organizational development and change management initiatives including organization design, evolution, development, restructuring, etc.
- Support recruitment process for entry to mid-level roles with digital marketing, tech and digital operations.
- Be available and responsive; provide customer service in a timely and efficient manner.
- Execute strategic initiatives and partner on the design and implementation of solutions.
- Build relationships with staff at all levels; assure that new recruits integrate effectively into the organization.
- Aid in top-level strategy through the execution of innovative learning and development opportunities.
- Diagnose opportunities for learning and development programs; participate in the design and facilitation of organization-specific training sessions.
- Partner with management to resolve employee relations issues; provide coaching and counseling to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate.
- Support the year-end compensation review to ensure consistent and fair decisions are made in regards to promotion, bonus and salary increase; provide training and counseling on the annual performance management process.
- Provide coaching to all areas of the organization regarding compensation strategy, levels and market data.
- Partner with business leaders to drive talent strategies including recruiting for critical positions and managing overall headcount and staffing plans.
The Human Resources Generalist will demonstrate sound moral character and judgment: decisions come from a fact-based and informed position. S/he will possess outstanding skills of influence and diplomacy and shall be challenging, provocative, courageous and inspiring. Key to success in this role is an eye for innovation and an adaptable and nimble approach.
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of relevant HR experience generalist areas including employee relations, training and development, coaching/counseling, change management, recruiting etc.
- Demonstrated business acumen, managerial and leadership skills.
- Verifiable track record of success partnering with senior managers, serving as a credible and trusted source.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels.
- Strong communication skills; ability to build / maintain strong internal and external partnerships.
Office environment, 0% of Travel