Sr. Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Specific Job Duties:
1) Responsible for supporting the middleware layer of the company’s websites and environments including both clustered and unclustered applications, using clustering solutions including WebLogic and JBOSS and other technologies.
2) Support Development, QA, and Production environments, to help support our internal and external customers.
3) Drive constant interaction with Development, Engineering, Architecture, QA, Product Management and Project Management teams.
4) Research new products and technologies to improve system performance, responsiveness and scalability of the environment
5) Work with business owners to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes and workflows.
6) Provide high-level support for issues that have been escalated from the internal Command Center and implementation teams, in a SDLC environment.
7) Responsible for operational project-based work when Engineering does not provide solutions; transitioning and performing knowledge transfer for projects with Engineering project team.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related field
PLUS 3 years of experience in software development, systems administration, systems engineering, systems analysis, or related field;
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related field
PLUS 5 years of experience in software development, systems administration, systems engineering, systems analysis, or related field;
1) 3 years’ experience in: a. Weblogic Commerce Suite, b. At least one clustering technology: WebLogic, JBOSS, or other comparable technology, c. Bash scripting, and d. Automation technology
2) 2 years’ experience in: a. Apache Web server, b. Linux, and c. At least one caching technology: NginX, Akamai, Oracle Coherence, or other comparable technology
3) Experience in one of the following: BEA Weblogic Commerce Server, Escalate Retail platform, or other comparable technology
4) Experience in retail E-commerce
5) Strong troubleshooting, analytic, problem solving and collaborative skills; and
6) Strong verbal and written communication skills.