Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
Gilt City is looking for a dynamic Associate Curator who can identify “on-brand,” key targets and deliver sales that reinforce our company mission to Love Your City More. This person will tap into a local network of services from restaurants to spas cultivating key relationships that reinforce building a life more beautiful for Gilt members. This person will own their own portion of business and work with their Market Lead to strategize on ways to reach and exceed goals. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the local market with an established network of tastemakers and service providers. This person should have professional poise and presence when interfacing with the marketplace, have an inherent creative ability to identify unique coveted experiences and have a passion for winning and the ability to execute quickly.
· Own and drive full cycle sales on a continual basis by bringing in new accounts and maintaining relationships in order to achieve and exceed revenue targets
· Interface and communicate effectively with the Account Management team and leadership based in the New York headquarters
· Execute against targets identified and agreed upon by management on a quarterly basis
· Represent Gilt City at trade and tastemaker events
· Proven track record of success as a driven sales professional
· 1-3 years full cycle, direct sales experience (conducting research, cold calling, face to face meetings, offer creation, deal execution, negotiation, relationship management, etc.)
· Experience with media sales, events, local services, and/or luxury brands preferred.
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills
· Expert in building and maintaining strategic partnerships
· Strong negotiation skills