Receiver - Home Outfitters
location VICTORIA , British Columbia
Job Opened November 5th, 2018
Job Number 18000DLP
Job Type Auxiliary
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
The Merchandise Associate (Home Outfitters) is accountable to the Assistant Store Manager for all aspects of the processing of receiving procedures. This includes the efficient processing of incoming receipts, outgoing transfers and debits, supply maintenance, equipment maintenance and department cleanliness.
You are a customer-focused individual who understands the importance of being ready to serve our customer by delivering a fast and efficient customer experience that meets their needs & exceeds their expectations. Your mandate is to lead the execution of The Customer Service Strategy and deliver upon the Company’s business model. You are a team player who shares successes and learns from challenges. You appreciate that teamwork is the culmination of individual efforts against a common goal.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- Demonstrates Leadership.
- You should have proven organization skills.
- You should have excellent Time Management skills with the ability handle multiple priorities.
- You should have proven communication and motivation skills.
- You should have the ability to translate behaviors into results.
As The Merchandise Associate (Home Outfitters), You Will:
- Retail/Service industry experience.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Customer Service Obsessed:
- Understands the Store’s engagement results & takes action to positively impact.
- Exhibits a genuine passion about HBC as a great place to shop & work.
- Treats Every Customer in a positive manner & builds goods rapport.
- Genuinely listens & seeks to understand Customer’s needs.
- Encourages truly engaged & satisfied customers to spread the good word about HBC.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure the best service outcomes.
- Resolves problems fairly, quickly & non defensively.
- Delivers consistently on our promise to our customers.
- Takes action to ensure service recovery & repeat business.
- Seeks direct feedback from Customers to ensure satisfaction & problem resolution.
- Responsible for the sales event execution & presentation through sales event set up & signing.
- Collaborate on Planogram, CIP & Impulse Execution.
- Responsible for the execution & maintenance of Corporate Merchandising Standards.
- Understands Store’s Associate Engagement Results.
- Acts as a high performing team member and consistently delivers his/her best.
- Gives others direct feedback and praise for good work.
- Collaborates with others to get work done (shares opinions, insights, ideas, does their part, etc).
- Pulls for the Company & team’s successes.
- Develops good relationships with fellow associates.
- Cross-trained in multi store functions (ie: POS, Gift Registry, MHP etc).
- Attend daily meetings as required.
- Communicate daily to the DMFL as to stock receipts.
- Transfer of information to part-time Receivers consistently.
How Often You May Travel:
- Meet or exceed the Store’s Credit Blend Target.
- Meet or exceed the Store’s Credit Acquisitions.
- Impacts Sales results by area.
- Meets efficiency & productivity standards.
- Produces Quality work & output.
- Consistently takes initiative & offers up new ideas.
- Must be conversant with the Company’s Health & Safety program, knowledgeable and compliant to the Associate’s role in regards to Health & Safety.
- Must be knowledgeable and compliant to all Company and Store Loss Prevention Programs
- Trucks received according to company policies.
- Merchandise staged and flowed to the sales floor within 24hrs.
- Cartons placed in the appropriate drop zones.
- Cardboard and garbage dealt with on a timely basis.
- Work along with early morning crew to maintain efficient flow of stock.
- Transfers, debits, and Genco are processed with appropriate documentation.
- All paperwork kept organized and handed in daily.
- Receiving area(s) clean, organized and well maintained.
- All safety guidelines followed in the use of the compactor.
- Empty dollies, flatbeds, pump carts are kept in receiving.
- Store fixtures are to be organized at all times.
- POS supplies organized by style.
- Damages, holds and transfers maintained daily.
- Salvage and write-offs completed weekly as per the Loss Prevention manual.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.