Location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened October 16th, 2018
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 17000HJR
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of Project Management concepts, who resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. The Project Manager will manage both internal and external teams, delivering medium to large-scale technology projects using Agile Scrum / Waterfall methodology. This role is responsible for driving these initiatives, working with innovative solutions in a product-driven organization, and transforming ecommerce across the board. The individual will be responsible for all phases of the SDLC (including budgeting, procurement and project expense tracking). HBC Technology wants you to directly change the way our customers purchase merchandise and engage with retailers!
Who You Are:
- You should have Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, delegate and organize work. Can be relied upon the meet schedules and deadlines.
- You should have the understanding of retail / digital ecommerce / Omni Channel and Order Management Systems is desirable.
- You should have strong decision-making, leadership, organizational and problem solving abilities.
- You should have excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- You should have ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- You should have demonstrated experience in managing complex IT projects, with oversight of multiple resources and completion of multiple projects simultaneously.
You Also Have:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, MS Project, and PowerPoint required.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- PMP and Agile Certification a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience with Project Management managing medium to large-scale projects.
- 2-3 years’ Agile (Scrum) methodology knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Experience with Project Management tools, methodology, standards and procedures to better enhance future roadmaps and overall strategic initiatives.
As The Project Manager, You Will:
- Project management working on medium to large scale projects impacting millions of users across all HBC.
- Partner with team leads to solve problems and develop business justification for initiatives and capital projects.
- Work closely with business partners to identify and analyze business needs and requirements.
- Create project plans with estimates and milestones for multiple projects.
- Track project status, providing regular reports to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Develop mitigation responses and strategies to address project risks.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Frequently interacts with executive and functional leadership groups including but not limited to Finance, Capital Planning, Procurement, Legal, Internal Audit, Digital, & QA.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Convey thoughts clearly and confidently to peers and senior executives.
- Manages project budgets and forecasts.
- Contributes to the development of Project Management methodologies and best practices.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.