location FARMINGTON , Connecticut
, United States
Job Opened December 14th, 2018
Job Number 18000A68
Job Type Part Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What Is This Position Is All About:
Under the direction of the Area Sales Manager, the Beauty Advisor represents Lord & Taylor and its ideals of service and quality to the customer. The Beauty Advisor must always be ready to assist customers with merchandise selection and ensure that the customer's overall Lord & Taylor experience is a positive one. Professionalism and product knowledge are essential qualities for a successful Beauty Advisor.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You are a true influencer – someone who can effectively communicate and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- You are an expert communicator, with the special ability to build strong business relationships beyond your immediate team
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You have a positive, can-do attitude; a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- You have excellent phone skills and an overall focus on etiquette
As The Beauty Advisor You Will:
- An understanding of fashion (preferred)
- Any sales, retail, or customer service is a strong asset but not required
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Work in front of the counter and approach all customers immediately, cross-selling and up-selling.
- Achieve daily sales and clientelling plans.
- Develop comprehensive product knowledge of own line and key products in neighboring bays.
- "Treatment - Beauty Advisors" must perform 5 skincare consultations/make-overs daily.
- "Fragrance - Beauty Advisors" must perform 5 fragrance-layering consultations daily.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.