Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified
global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and
their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the
value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is
the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats
ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping
destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the
Our leading banners across
North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth
Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in
Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant
investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon
Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns
properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with
RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate
citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about
positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and
the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong
communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we
operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and
resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a
positive working environment.
What This Position Is
We are looking for a
Project Manager who will collaborate with technology, product, and our business
partners across the organization to improve communication, team dynamics, and
our development processes. This talented individual will understand how teams
are currently operating and experiment with process improvements to improve
efficiency and throughput while increasing team engagement and morale.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrate a high level of
initiative, be a self-starter, a solution seeker, and have an owner-operator
- A strong communicator
- Digital/Web workflow exposure
thinking: You must be able to ensure that the products we release will
positively impact our KPIs and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and
authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a
- Display a capacity to learn
quickly and respond well to changes and opportunities.
- Focus and understanding on
delivery high service to the team and the business.
- Possess strong verbal and
written communication skills.
- Comfortable leading meetings
and engaging with the business as needed.
- Proven ability to multi-task in
a fast-paced environment, delegate with clearly defined responsibility and
organized work well.
- Can be relied upon to meet
schedules and deadlines.
- Devote appropriate attention to
all responsibility, follow through, consistently and be willing to accept
- Create effective teamwork and
an environment conducive to developing cross functional groups.
- Firm understanding of deployment
- Ability to communicate details of a previous projects and experience (able to identify the problem, escalate the problem, speak towards timeline and budget restraints) as well as how the issues were solved.
- Understanding of reporting and risk management
- Understanding of the differences (pros and cons) between both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-7 years of relevant
- Experienced with managing
As The Project Manager,
- Work with product delivery and
other business teams to capture project objectives and scope.
- Establish and maintain the
project timeline regularly capture and communicate project status.
- Identify red flags and resolve
impediments to project completion (risk mitigation).
- Ensuring deliverables meet
- Manage project capital and
- Reviewing deliverables with
business stakeholders and incorporating their feedback.
- Maintain and track the project
- Ensure project is delivered
- Manage 3rd-party relationships
- Conduct post-mortems on
projects and disseminate conclusions to the rest of the team.
- Aid in the management of the
- Stay in sync with the latest
industry trends and communicate findings to PMO and other business groups.
How Often You May
Your Life and Career at
- Be part of a world-class team;
work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career
advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or
- A culture that promotes a
healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all
eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.