Analyst, Investor Relations
location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened September 12th, 2018
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 18000BMJ
Job Type Full Time
Analyst, Investor Relations
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Analyst Investor Relations plays a key role in providing support to the Director Investor Relations. This role will provide day to day support in the execution of the Investor Relations strategy for HBC.
Who You Are:
• The successful candidate should have a proven and quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
• Ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms.
• Creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action.
• You have strong relationship building and influence skills.
• A change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment. Embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win.
You Also Have:
• 6 months to 1 year experience in Finance, Business, Real Estate or related field
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Advanced communication skills coupled with a strong financial acumen.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
As the Analyst, Investor Relations, You Will:
• Develops, edits & maintains financial materials for the investment community, including key corporate and investment messages.
• Gathers input and questions from analysts, investors and other third parties and responds and/or prepares Executive Leaderhsip team to respond.
• Maintain shareholder and research analyst relationships Ensures the appropriate financial information is accurate and timely for both internal and external use and in compliance with the Company’s policies.
• Collaborates with financial planning, public relations and financial reporting functions within the Company.
• Support the Coordination of the annual report process from development to print and distribution.
• Plans the annual shareholder meeting including the logistics of the event as well as updates and reviews presentations, materials and scripts.
• In partnership with the Director of Investor Relations manages the Investor relations infrastructure, including maintenance of investor database and other key database and tracking/analysis tools.
• Maintenance of the Investor Relations web-site, to ensure that it is current with all releases and company updates.
• Monitors stock trading activity and institutional shareholders on financial databases.
• Maintains direct and ongoing contact with members of the Senior Management Team.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
• Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
• Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
• A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
• Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
• An amazing employee discount
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.