Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environmentWhat This Position Is All About:
Under direction from the Assistant General Manager – Operations, the Asset Protection Manager is responsible for monitoring shortage results, shortage control, price changes, return to vendor transactions, receipt reconciliation, paperwork error control, investigations and apprehensions regarding internal and external theft, and implementation of store safety programs at an individual Saks Fifth Avenue location. Additionally, the Asset Protection Manager is responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing the Asset Protection staff and for training store associates on awareness and Asset protection policies and procedures.Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
As The Asset Protection Supervisor, You Will:
- Minimum 3 years asset protection experience, large volume retail environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred: Wicklander-Zulawski Certification is considered a plus.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Facilitate selling process through consistent adherence to policies and procedures that safeguard customers, associates and assets of the company.
- Drives asset protection awareness and training programs through store-wide communication, training, new hire orientation, safety and shortage meetings.
- Assumes a leadership role supporting the APM in the planning and execution of the annual physical inventory and reconciliation process.
- Ensures all physical security standards are maintained and adjustments are initiated timely.
- Assists the APM with scheduling, training, coaching and developing staff investigators with required technical skills needed to be successful in their role.
- Provides daily supervision and guidance to all investigators ensuring adherence to Saks Fifth Avenue apprehension and investigative guidelines, and any applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Performs AP operational audits and internal self-audits in sensitive areas when necessary or required.
- Consistently identifies and addresses internal and external theft exposures to achieve targets of investigative performance.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount