Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What Is This Position Is All About:
Through their leadership the General Manager motivates store teams to achieve company objectives and metrics and manages resources efficiently to drive business to maximize productivity and profit.
This role represents our brand standards in selling, service, and merchandising. While in the role this individual is expected to demonstrate integrity, honesty and knowledge. This position will promote our company’s culture, values, and mission while fostering a positive working environment that encourages diversity, mutual respect and teamwork.
The General Manager also understands and ensures proper security procedures are followed.This position reports to the Area Senior Director or Regional Vice President.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You are someone who develops relationships in the retail market to keep current with industry talent
- You promote a high performance culture that encourages associates to share ideas and recognizes and acknowledges individual and store team performance
- You foster a high performance culture through comprehensive associate on-boarding, orientation, training, cross-training, regular coaching, counseling, and feedback
- You will develop the team and provide opportunity for growth, promotes innovation and leads team to develop best practices and share ideas, identifies High Potential individuals and provides for personal development with formal and clear plans
As The General Manager, You Will:
- College degree or equivalent
- 5 - 10 years of store management experience
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Identify issues and creates strategies to keep competitive with the local retail market
- Problem solves in a fast-paced, changing environment exercising good judgment about the company's objectives in determining solutions
- Monitors and communicates competitive strategies through first-hand market observations
- Ensures all merchandise is well presented on the floor following visual, marketing and operational directives and standards, mindful of FOB adjacencies, and is signed according to standards
- Partners with Corporate and RVP to ensure merchandise assortment represents the customer in the market
- You will ensure management team members recruit, interview and select candidates with requisite skills to accomplish goals and add value to existing team, manages retention and turnover
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request inrelation to the materials or processes to be used.