Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Vendor Analyst provides analytical support to ensure in stock of merchandise -- “right quantity and right place” – and contribute to overall departmental financial objectives.
Who You Are:
- Business Skills
- Financial Acumen – understanding how the factors impact profit and turnover
- Analysis and Decision Making – Identify problems/opportunities, generate timely solutions, and timely decisions, evaluate risk and financial implications
- Good knowledge of supply and inventory management
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn and master technology/systems quickly and thoroughly
- Communication Skills
- Answering E-mails daily and accurately
- Thorough communication with all departments in the division: Buying, Planning, Marketing
- Providing accurate, concise and up to date information to Manager/Leader professionally
- Communicate information through out the division
- Organizational Skills
- Coming to meetings prepared and on time
- Recording accurate notes during meetings
- Motivational Skills
- Focus energy on getting things done
- Focus energy on taking initiative
- Offer solutions to issues
- Working as part of a team by forming partnerships with appropriate internal and external resources and accomplishes goals using these relationships
- A willingness to initiate change as the company grows in order to streamline processes, improve efficiency and facilitate the growth of the company
- Professional Behavior and Work Ethic
- Arriving to work on time
- Arriving to meetings on time
- Demonstrating respect towards your Manager/Leader
- Demonstrating respect towards your team members
You also have:
- Post Secondary education in Business or a related field of study; or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in retail analysis and/or merchant support preferred
- Experience in the Jewelry Industry an Asset
As the Vendor Analyst, you will:
- Supervise NSP Process
- Create/Review allocations for all types of orders
- Highlight areas of opportunity to direct DSCMs balancing stock
- Approve purchase orders
- Make purchase order changes (dates, quantity, UPC’s etc)
- Item creation/maintenance
- Price changes
- Ecommerce onboarding process
- Check Ecommerce sites for content, pricing, and promotional integrity accuracy
- Ensure repeat style validation is updated in systems including cost, retail and season coding
- Action updates on Assortment revisions
- Create/Approve/Track purchase orders and monitor fill rates
- Perform Competitive market reviews
- Become the expert in the category. Provide expert analysis
- Analysis store/item performance and make assortment recommendations
- Follow trends in market to aide in assortment decisions
- Manage Vendor Relationships
- Work closely with the vendor ensuring the vendor strategy for regular business, launches, gwp and holiday boost as applicable/needed
- Have weekly communication with the vendor to ensure the level of stock and react when needed. Review any opportunity and upcoming promotions.
- Provide the vendor with any analysis needed for the business (BIS)
- Work with vendor and prepare & review allocation for all promotions
- Analysis of flow product, purchase orders, sales, etc. in order to improve replenishment allocations
- Develop strategies relating to flow of product
- Adhere to business processes related to the position and offer suggestions for improvement where possible including analysis of store and sku productivity and any +/- recommendations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Prepare collaborative forecasting
- Set the parameter for Creation of Masks for Allocation
- Review merchandise quantification
- Prepare RTV claims once negotiated
- Inventory management – review WOS, model stocks and suggest stock balancing (RTV/transfers)
- Review DCM parameters (new items & updates)
- Manage buy plans/order flows
HBC Supply Chain/Replenishment
- Manages Open-to-Buy for repeat business including AR, VMI, Central stock
- Liaises with Logistics regarding flow needs
- Liaises with Replenishment to manage returns from stores
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.