Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The role of the Analyst, Financial Control, Store Planning is to support the Sr. Manager, Financial Control, Store Planning to maintain accurate reporting and enforce proper financial controls within the Store Planning & Operations Center Of Excellence. The Analyst, Financial Control will support the needs of the business by managing budgets and schedules for all Store Planning, Design and Construction capital projects (New Stores, Major/Minor Renovations). The Analyst, Financial Control will work toward continually developing and improving processes / reporting and ensuring the financial control & fluid execution of Major Capital investments for the Store Planning and Construction department.
Who You Are:
· You possess strong written & verbal communication skills
· You are comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization.
· You are self-motivated and operate with a strong sense of urgency.
· You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
You Also Have:
· A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
· At least 1 year of relevant, post-undergrad work experience preferable.
· Microsoft Excel expertise; ability to build macros preferred. Microsoft Project experience preferred.
· Excellent financial acumen & analytical skills; ability to solve complex problems required.
· Flexibility with work schedule at times in order to meet demands of the business.
· Retail experience is a plus.
As The Analyst, Financial Control You Will:
· Build and execute key reports
· Be responsible for weekly and monthly required reporting
· Execute and maintain historical cost database
· Develop and manage Major Capital Budgets and Schedules
· Monitor and audit compliance of all SPD&C projects in adherence with Capital Policy
· Manage relationships with business partners in Store Planning, Design, Construction, Store Operations, Facilities, Procurement, Legal, Real Estate, Asset Protection, IT, Visual & Finance
· Maintain consistent and regular follow up and communication of current and upcoming budgets and schedules across all groups
· Provide weekly spend variance reporting and forecasting spend, identifying potential risk throughout the project duration
· Special projects as needed
· Build and maintain annual departmental expense budgets
· Build and monitor resource requirements/utilization to better allocate human capital within the Store Planning & Operations Center of Excellence
· Improve efficiency of current processes and reports
Your Life and Career at HBC:
· Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
· Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
· A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
· Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
· An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.