Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for ensuring delivery of exceptional customer service and the achievement of sales goals and key selling metrics.
The Supervisor may also be responsible for store openings and closings and certain daily operational functions of the store including acting as Selling and Service Leader as assigned. The Supervisor is responsible for driving sales and profit through developing the selling skills and behaviors of the Selling Specialists and training and holding associates accountable on processes, tasks, and product knowledge. This is a “hands on” working supervisory role actively engaged in performing tasks and customer service needs as well as modeling expected behavior and task performance for associates under their supervision.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
As The Supervisor, You Will:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 4 year degree or relevant work experience preferred
- 1+ years of supervisory experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success supervising a selling workforce and achieving results.
- Ability to drive sales and service, establish and maintain client relationships, and complete operational tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business needs require
- Ability to counsel and coach associate performance.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Promotes selling and service by creating a friendly environment, responding directly or through other associates to customer’s needs, resolving customer service issues, and supporting associates with customer situations.
- Understands that in order to ensure the success of the team, performance issues must be managed effectively, counseling poor performers with a focus on timely correction and/or resolution of associate performance issues.
- Overall responsibility for store Selling Specialists, day-to-day front-line supervision, and task completion.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.