Office Manager - Saks Fifth Avenue
Location BOSTON , Massachusetts
, United States
Job Opened February 13th, 2019
Job Number 18000EG3
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Office Manager is responsible for supporting the Executive Team and will operate clearly and efficiently with a great deal of communication, urgency and prioritization. The main focus of this position is such that it is customer focused and client based, and will also be heavily focused on supporting Marketing, Human Resources and Operations.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
As The Office Manager, You Will:
- Available to work a flexible schedule that will include nights and weekends.
- Tech Savvy/Computer Knowledge. Ability to solve technical issues, lead technology change and pull together presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Assists with Marketing initiatives by coordinating trunk shows and clinics, preparing monthly customer email blasts, event listings and event recaps.
- Interfaces directly with customers; responds to and successfully resolves customer concerns in a timely manner
- Manages and executes various projects simultaneously for multiple departments
- Executes administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to: fielding calls, working through customer issues, assisting with inquiries, miscellaneous paperwork and administrative tasks.
- Serves as additional Operations and Human Resources point-person, focused on answering routine HR questions and providing administrative support as needed.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.