Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Department Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for driving sales and profit in their identified area of business within the particular store, supporting overall store performance and achievement of all company objectives; as well as leading and inspiring a high-performance team. The DSM is also responsible for supporting a high level of engagement and a people development culture throughout the store.
Who You Are:
- You are a strong leader with interpersonal skills
- You have strong organizational skills and an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- You can develop, plan, and execute strategies to maximize opportunities
You Also Have:
- 4-year degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume and/or proven track record of success managing a selling workforce and achieving results
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
As the Department Sales Manager, You Will:
- Be responsible for achievement of sales, controllable profit, EBITDA, payroll management, P&L performance, email capture rate, shipping process, etc.
- Oversee the selling and service processes; provide leadership and motivation to team in achieving sales goals, drive omni-channel growth and execution of company initiatives.
- Monitor store payroll rate and expense; monitor staffing in his/ her area, ensure scheduling aligns with overall business needs and traffic flow.
- Develop and retain direct reports, ensure their readiness for increased responsibilities and provide a bench of internal talent who are upwardly mobile to fill critical positions.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.