Location TORONTO , Ontario
Job Opened February 11th, 2019
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 18000EJS
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
As a Security Engineer - Projects, will be responsible for delivering solutions to protect HBC’s assets and information. The Security Engineer will provide technical excellence in analysis, decision-making, design, implementation and support of solutions. He/she will partner with other business functions to identify risks, design solutions, track and communicate milestones and deliverables, etc. to mitigate security risks while optimizing overall cost of security.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are comfortable working on multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- At least four years of related work experience, preferably in IT Security, Information Systems or IT related fields.
- Knowledge of security standards and best practices in security domains such as cloud, network, endpoint, SIEM, malware protection, privileged access management, PKI, cryptography, application security, firewalls, data loss prevention etc.
- Professional security related certifications (Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA etc.) would be considered a big plus
As the Security Engineer – Projects You Will:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, documentation, metric collection and maintenance of cloud and/or host-based information security systems
- Provide technical expertise to support process/people/technology aspects of security functional areas including but not limited to security architecture, security project management, identity access management, application security, security operations, risk management, incident response and cloud security teams.
- Work with internal and external business stakeholders and project management teams to drive the implementation of security initiatives aligned with security standards including but not limited to ISO 27000 series, NIST, PCI, GDPR, and OWASP
- Perform other duties as required
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator.
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.