Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environmentWhat This Position Is All About:
The Asset Protection Manager is responsible for the overall inventory shortage performance and total execution of the Asset Protection Strategy for their respective store. This role will ensure that all company policies, local, provincial and federal laws are adhered to in the execution of internal and external theft investigations or inquiries. You will be working collaboratively with Customer and Associate groups within the store to ensure all objectives are clearly communicated and executedWho You Are:
You also have:
- A natural and proven leader, who is a natural relationship builder, too
- Your leadership style is open-door (focused on motivating, coaching, and helping to set priorities)
- You are comfortable with public speaking, technology, and learning-on-the-job!
- You thrive in a fast-paced environments and can easily shift priorities and implement balance in your workload
- You are comfortable with physical work where standing and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may be required
- Your schedule is flexible enough that you are comfortable with working on evenings and/or weekends when needed
As the Manager, Asset Protection, you will:
- High School diploma or equivalency required along with a valid provincial security license
- College degree preferred
- 5+ years of retail Asset Protection Experience with 2+ years of managing direct reports
- Proven track record of identifying shortage exposures and creative strategies to overcome them
- Track record of meeting statistical and financial goals
- Knowledge of provincial and federal laws
- Strong aptitude and knowledge of retail security systems, information systems and productivity software
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview Certification ideal
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to drive Asset Protection Excellence through comprehensive shortage strategies and investigative initiatives
- Consistently communicate with Store Leadership, Managers and Associates to drive awareness of inventory shortage results, shortage concerns and strategy initiatives
- Provide final oversight of audit execution and internal audit readiness
- Work with sales support to assure shortage control processes are followed
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures to store population
- Ensure Asset Protection Administrative standards are met
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.