Cosmetics Counter Manager - Lord & Taylor
location BOCA RATON , Florida
, United States
Job Opened January 11th, 2019
Job Number 1900000Z
Job Type Full Time
The Counter Manager represents Lord & Taylor and its ideals of service and quality to the customer. Counter Managers must always be ready to assist customers with product selection and ensure that the customer's Lord & Taylor experience is a positive one. Professionalism and product knowledge are essential qualities for a successful Counter Manager. Counter Managers must have strong people skills and be comfortable with developing and fostering client relationships. Counter Managers are responsible for generating individual and counter sales by accurately determining customers' needs and completing sales in a friendly efficient manner. Counter Managers may manage one or more Beauty Advisors and must have excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills. Counter Managers and Beauty Advisors report to an Area Sales Manager.
- Work in front of the counter and approach all customers immediately. Intersell when necessary.
- Achieve daily sales and clientelling plans.
- Develop comprehensive product knowledge of own line and key products in neighboring bays.
- Perform 5 skincare consultations or make-overs daily.
- Open new charge accounts, minimum 1 per week for all Cosmetics Associates.
- Continually build and utilize clientele file:
- Must add a minimum of 3 clients a day to their clientele file.
- Must contact 5 clients a day, 10 clients a day during GWP time.
- Manage efforts to develop, plan and execute "in-store" and daily "at counter" events.
- Provide intersell training on key products for neighboring bays.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet the staffing needs of the business.
- Ensure counter is adequately stocked, cleaned and properly merchandised.
- Wear vendor supplied uniforms and maintain Lord & Taylor dress code standards.
- Enforce loss prevention and shortage control procedures and maintain all safety standards.
- Maintain all specific cosmetic line standards, policies and procedures.
Additional Accountabilities for Counter Managers with one or more Beauty Advisors on the team:
- Partner with ASM to create a positive work environment and motivate/develop staff to improve retention.
- Communicate and monitor sales / IPT / clientelling plans and train BAs on how to improve performance.
- Train/develop BAs on product knowledge and selling techniques and cross train department on key products.
- Ensure BAs plan and implement special events daily to promote sales.
- Minimum of 3+ years selling experience.
- Engaging personality.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.