Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
This is a unique opportunity to lead price strategy for L&T – one of our key differentiators in the market. You will be a part of an incredibly entrepreneurial and strategic team. Success in this role is measured by driving turn and margin improvement through price strategy. You will have senior level exposure and the opportunities to build rewarding partnerships with colleagues and senior management.
Who You Are:
• Strong understanding of retail, commerce, and consumer experiences
• Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
• Strong financial acumen, negotiation and problem solving skills
• Strong interest and understanding of ongoing and emerging trends and opportunities
• Ability to prioritize and muti-task
• Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
• A positive, can-do attitude, driven and determined to achieve goals
You Also Have:
• Bachelor's degree from top tier undergraduate institution
• 4 + yrs. in Buying, Planning or Allocation capacity in multi brand, multi-vendor environment
• Excellent PowerPoint and strong Excel skills
• Proven ability to analyze data and develop actionable insights
As the Senior Manager, Price Strategy, You Will:
• Lead pricing strategy recommendations for the company
• Partner with DMM’s and merchants opportunities to limit aging liabilities
• Work with marketing and merchant teams to build promotional calendar and improve clarity of offers
• Own consecutive markdowns, responsible for seasonal turn goals
• Analyze clearance margins and inventory levels
• Build and develop standardized excel based tools (ladder plans, GM scenarios, etc.)
• Partner with merchant org on strategies to drive regular price selling
• Track and be held responsible for our aged inventory position
• Own strategy on outlet pricing and allocation
• Additional responsibilities as required
Collaboration, Communication, and Leadership:
• Coach and develop a direct report into bench strength (Assistant Planner)
• Build team that track performance against targets and produces superior results by recognizing each team member’s contributions and providing coaching and timely, relevant and constructive feedback.
• Clearly communicates with senior management as well as DMM’s and merchants on various pricing projects.
• Foster and develop effective working relationships and monitors/manages internal expectations on all projects.
• Establish and maintain cross-functional relationships in order to effectively grow and maintain business and financial expectations and to better service customers both internally and externally
Your Life and Career at HBC:
• Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
• Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
• A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
• Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
• An amazing employee discount