Senior Financial Analyst, Finance Systems and Transformation
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
HBC is in the midst of a significant transformation of its Finance function, encompassing processes, systems and organization. The move to Cloud/SaaS applications is a key component of this transformation. This move is pushing increasing responsibility to the Finance Systems team in terms of support of critical applications and leadership role in identification of opportunities to streamline processes/operations and implement these solutions. The SFA, Finance Systems and Transformation will support the design and implementation of the new solutions, the ongoing successful operations of applications and also be expected to identify and lead the adoption of new functionalities/capabilities as the both the applications and Finance demands evolve. The individual in this role will be required to interact directly with senior stakeholders in the business – Finance, IT, HR and others - as a normal course of day to day operations. It is expected that this
individual will keep abreast of leading practices in Finance and the evolution of applications and approaches to further automate and evolve Finance operations within HBC. This role requires a strong team player who will be expected to manage multiple demands on her/his time while maintaining a strong customer centric view. The breadth of skills and experience provides a strong development opportunity for the right candidate at the leading edge of the transformation of broader Finance
Who You Are:
• The successful candidate should have a proven and quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
• Ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms.
• Creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action.
• You have strong relationship building and influence skills.
• A change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment. Embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win.
You Also Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in either information systems or accounting/finance is required;
• 3+ years of diverse accounting, finance and information systems experience required;
• Demonstrated experience with/exposure to Oracle Fusion Cloud, including roles/security, interface support & Oracle Web
• Services strongly preferred;
• Technical skills/knowledge of BI Publisher, OTBI, Essbase, SmartView, SQL, etc.desired
• Demonstrated experience in working with Finance stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate these
• into detailed process flows/narratives and functional specifications to deliver on enhanced business outcomes;
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical
• staff and business stakeholders
• Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment
• Self-starter requiring minimal supervision with an honest, positive attitude, able adapt to a changing environment while maintaining customer service excellence.
• Effective oral and written communication skills including technical documentation and training materials.
• Strong Microsoft skills, including PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
• Experience with Hyperion (HFM, Hyperion Planning) is strongly preferred.
• Exposure to / experience with RPA is highly desirable
As the Senior Financial Analyst, Finance & Systems Transformations, You Will:
• As a key member of the Fusion support team, work closely with Oracle, SIs and user/stakeholders in the ongoing
• implementation, expansion and operations of Fusion cloud (ERP, Procurement, HCM/Payroll);
• Lead the coordination and execution of monthly patch/upgrade testing;
• Design, develop and maintain automated workflow processes;
• Support development & implementation of new functions and processes;
• Assist in development of analytics/reporting;
• Support strategic projects across Finance applications and the intersect of Finance and other business operations – including
• other Finance cloud initiatives (e.g. Concur, Cadency, Zendesk, etc.) and non-Finance initiatives (e.g. WFP, POS, etc.);
• Engage in supporting RPA and AI initiatives within Finance;
• Support senior management ad hoc requests for financial information and analytics;
• Ensure adherence to GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) across Finance systems and support Audit requirements;
• Analyse and troubleshoot systems/operations issues identified by end users to successful conclusion.
• Maintain critical stakeholder relationships to remain close to all relevant issues/needs/concerns.
• Work closely with IT, other areas of the business and third-party vendors in achieving overall Finance Transformation goals.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
• Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
• Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
• A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
• Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
• An amazing employee discount