Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world. Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO. We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Senior Manager Operations is accountable for the supervision and direction of front line employees in operations support roles. The manager will work closely with both the IT Operations Shift Managers and the Senior Director, Data Center Operations in the development and maintenance of employee scheduling, performance metrics and quality assurance processes. This individual will provide guidance and direction as we modernize our environment. This individual will provide direction and manage the production/operations staff and is accountable for the performance and results of the team. This individual will become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
Who You Are:
- You have a winning-way about you, including the confidence to take calculated risks
- You encompass strong analytical, financial and quantitative skills
You Also Have:
- Strong leadership and an ability to handle tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Proficiency with standard office computer and web applications (i.e. Microsoft or Google Office Suites)
- 10 years of experience and Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology.
- Knowledge of technology SLA’s as well as technology governance, risk, and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration and analytical thinking.
- Ability to communicate with both onshore and offshore teams.
- Ability to define problems areas and recommend possible solutions.
- Be available to be contacted off-shift as needed.
- Infrastructure support and management experience in Mainframe, distributed systems, network, and storage.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure aligned with the business.
- 3+ years of experience providing first level support for enterprise IT systems in a corporate setting, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents.
- 3+ years of experience in software installation and support.
- 2+ years of experience writing IT technical documentation.
- 2+ years of work experience requiring interaction with senior leadership.
As the Senior Manager, Operations, You Will:
- Provides directions and manage production/operations staff. Accountable for the performance and the results of the team.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational changes.
- Ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
- Provide guidance and direction as we modernize our environment.
- Ensure the teams have the necessary tools including SOPs to do there jobs as efficiently as possible. Interpret and execute policies and procedures that affect the area. Recommend policies and products/tools modifications as appropriate.
- Conduct performance reviews with the teams.
- Drive culture improvements with the teams, utilizing recognition tools to recognize and reward behavior that improves the individual and the team. Identify career paths and improvements for the teams
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.