Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Saks OFF 5TH.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
The Assistant, Fashion Direction is responsible for assisting the Fashion Director in creating and advocating for a unified and trend right look and feel across all aspects of the Hudson’s Bay Banner. They are accountable to ensure that all different parties within the organization are armed and informed with the latest trend intelligence from the global markets, local competitors and runways. They are very involved with all the merchant, sales and service, marketing and enablement teams – and share their analysis to guide them in making recommendations to customers.
The Assistant also creates seasonal fashion directions for the Buyers to guide them in market edits including:
- Men’s Apparel Direction (once a quarter)
- Womenswear Apparel Direction (once a quarter)
- W + M Coats and Dresses Edit programs (once a season)
- W + M Denim directions (once a season)
- Womenswear Prom and Bridal direction
- Men’s and Womenswear Handbags, Jewelry and Footwear Direction (twice a season)
The Assistant will manage the Director’s New York market schedules including fashion show requests. They will be responsible for all timelines and project management of each deliverables. They will ensure all same materials and presentations from the fashion office are delivered to the Regional Champions and the store managers.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong interest and ability in trend forecasting/research and direction
- You have expert knowledge and understanding of fashion trends, brands & industry in general
- A natural problem-solver, who is also resourceful, proactive, and takes initiative
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You have an ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- You have a strong attention to detail and provide accurate and concise information in a timely manner
You also have:
- Experience in the Fashion industry is required –Minimum of 5 years.
- Have had a fashion background in retail, wholesale, creative or media
- Preferred degree in Media Studies, Art History, Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing & Communications
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications, especially Excel & Powerpoint
- Expert in of all Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, INDESIGN)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
As the Assistant, Fashion Direction, you will:
- Keep abreast of industry trends by subscribing and analyzing various trade publications
- Travel & attend various showrooms, markets and industry tradeshows to scout for new brands and opportunities
- Synthesize all the information gathered to produce and project manages the seasonal Corporate Fashion Direction.
- Work directly with the buyers to highlight and recommend key opportunities and in some instances guide them in their buying decisions.
- Analyze and produce seasonal Runway Reviews for pre-market and runway for both mens and womenswear
- Produce a seasonal marketing & in-store marketing directives.
- Produce a seasonal informational video highlighting key trends and items of the season, including selling tips for the sales associates.
- Produce and conduct product knowledge sessions to the stores via seasonal Webinars
- Produce content for fashion office portal on thebay.com– Email blasts & Shopping gallery, Customer friendly trend information.
- Manage the Fashion Ambassador program & ensure the program is operating at optimal level.
- Inform all private brand development team of key colour, material and item call outs prior to the development cycle.
- Attend special events and launches
- Create & project manages various customer sales and service events
- Assist on creative and management of all pop-up shops in store (once a quarter)
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.