Assistant Buyer, Men's Denim & Streetwear
Location BRAMPTON , Ontario
Job Opened February 11th, 2019
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 1900013K
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America include Hudson’s Bay, Lord
& Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Saks OFF 5TH.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for a specific merchandise category or categories, under the direction of the Buyer. This responsibility includes the development and successful implementation of buying strategies, merchandise programs and marketing plans.
Who You Are:
You also have:
- A natural problem-solver, who is also analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You have a can-do attitude
As the Assistant Buyer, you will:
- University or college degree or commensurate retail experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a merchandise capacity, and 2 years allocation experience.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Help manage vendor and brand selection, develop strong vendor relationships, monitor industry trends, evaluate competition, and attend major markets and conduct competitive shops
- Assist Buyer in developing the merchandising strategy, and assist with sales analysis in order to identify and react to trends in-season
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through communication with vendors, distribution center, and merchant team.
- Review and ensure vendor cost/retail/UPC submissions match the buy submission
- Negotiate and guide execution of RTV’s
- Effectively manage and monitor internet process including: content accuracy, overall productivity, analyzing and reacting to business needs, and communicating with e-commerce team
- Work closely with buyer and advertising/marketing team to manage the advertising process including: determining advertised styles, prep sheets, coordinating sample collection, managing in-stocks on ad styles, approval process and recapping
- Assist with line reviews/style outs for management
- Provide product knowledge to store associates through product seminars and quarterly guidelines, participate in store visits, and respond promptly to store visit notes
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.