Asset Protection Investigator - OFF 5TH
Location MEBANE , North Carolina
, United States
Job Opened March 14th, 2019
Job Number 190001BQ
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Asset Protection Investigator (API) shall consistently identify internal and external theft opportunities, prepare AP case reports and testifies in criminal court proceedings when necessary.
The API will also develop internal case leads and actively participate with the investigation. In their contact with local law enforcement, the API will be charged with establishing positive and resourceful relationships that further the successful prosecution of criminal matters associated with Saks Fifth Avenue. The API should set a high ethical tone and reinforce the core values of the organization for their staff, leadership and store population.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively dutiful and responsible; capable of handling sensitive and confidential matters
You also have:
School Degree or Equivalency
year of retail Loss Prevention experience or investigative work in another
computer system skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of CCTV systems and covert
As the Asset Protection Investigator, you will:
- The API will utilize Asset Protection and investigative systems to perform their role.
- Quickly and accurately documenting incidents, investigative updates, Quest Awards and known thefts in the Asset Protection Information System (APIS). Other systems proficiencies required are; WHIRL Credit System, CSmart, Mainframe, CCTV, TRMS, POS Monitoring and Electronic Journal.
- Hold awareness meetings with store associates as part of the floor ownership program.
- Performs departmental audits, safety inspections, merchandise protection standards audits, and internal self-audits.
- Conduct training sessions with store employees to meet compliance requirements.
- Participate in the annual physical inventory and reconciliation process and will provide feedback to the APM for the local Shortage Strategy development.
- Is an external key and alarm passcode holder to the building and is responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Be called upon to respond to after-hours alarm calls and emergency situations; and to complete accident investigations and reports for general liability claims.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.