Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
Saks Fifth Avenue is opening a new store in September 2019! This will be the only Saks Fifth Avenue in New Jersey. Our new store will be located in the heart of the American Dream Mall. We are searching for talent now to join the team starting in August. Apply today!
What This Position Is All About:
Under direction from the Assistant General Manager of Operations, the Alterations Manager is responsible for providing leadership and support to all of the Alterations Associates in order to provide outstanding service and meet the demands of the clients and selling organization.
Who You Are:
- You thrive on managing, developing, and motivating people while driving company and store initiatives.
- You are able to devise flexible and successful solutions to complex technical problems, and you work with close attention to detail.
- You exhibit sound business judgment, demonstrated people management, and organizational abilities.
You Also Have:
- Minimum 3 years seamstress / tailoring experience in high-end or luxury merchandise setting.
- Ability to sew a wide range of garments and fit both male and female clients (made-to-measure experience preferred).
- Management experience and a proven track record in leading a successful team in a retail setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Alterations industry including fabrication and styling of luxury merchandise.
- Associate�s Degree preferred.
As the Alterations Manager, You Will:
- Create a professional work environment by communicating and exemplifying our company�s standards of excellence.
- Create effective teamwork between the selling organization and the Alterations department.
- Maintain a consistently high level of customer service within the department by recruiting, selecting, training, and developing quality professional Alterations Associates.
- Deliver ongoing education, assessment and performance feedback to associates with regard to quality, productivity, service and alterations policy and procedures.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.