Senior Manager, Marketing
Location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened April 15th, 2019
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 190002PV
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
The Marketing Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the creation and execution of a strategic brand marketing program, maximizing exposure for Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH in the nationwide and local marketplace. As the Marketing Senior Manager, you will develop and execute strategic brand marketing program for Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, inclusive of campaign development, advertising strategy, and creative development / execution. This role requires effective partnership with the senior leadership team and stakeholders to drive OFF 5TH business and the ability to proactively respond to changing industry trends and competitive dynamics to optimize profitable sales.
Who You Are:
- You have a willingness to initiate change as the company grows in order to streamline processes, improve efficiency and facilitate the growth of the company
- Possess the business acumen, relationship building, influence and communication skills to build strong relationships with senior leaders across Saks OFF 5TH and HBC
- Desire to participate in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-Motivator, Results Driven
- Ability to learn corporate technology/systems quickly and thoroughly
You Also Have:
As the Senior Manager, Marketing You Will:
- Bachelor's Degree required (Marketing, Business or Communications preferred)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in marketing (preferably in a retail environment)
- Understanding of the Marketing function (traditional and digital media)
- Analytical Skills
- Strategically minded
- Responsible for developing compelling omni-channel branding and promotional campaigns
- Liaises with Promotional Manager and Buying teams to determine key events and offers on promotional calendar
- Leads creative brief process and reviews / provides feedback on all creative assets (including store signage, direct mail pieces, print, digital paid assets, etc)
- Develops advertising strategy / media mix with external agency and internal COE partners
- Coordinates with PR and Events teams to develop and execute customer- and press-facing events
- Manages U.S. budget and leads monthly forecasting / reconciliation process with Finance
- Cultivates strong relationships with merchant organization, particularly DMM / DPMs and Buyers / Planners
- Key point of contact for U.S. Store GMs; attends weekly RVP call to present marketing strategies
- Presents key marketing initiatives to senior internal audiences including OFF 5TH EC team (Chief Merchant, SVP Stores, SVP Planning)
- Manages Marketing Specialist and Marketing Coordinator. Provides leadership and guidance to others on team (e.g. new team members, summer intern)
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.