Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location BRAMPTON , Ontario
Job Opened May 15th, 2019
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 190003GF
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis will be an individual with a keen eye for detail and accuracy who is adept at analyzing financial results. The successful candidate will be a key part of the Corporate Finance team supporting various business partners by providing periodic expense reports and insightful analysis. This role will also involve supporting period end process to ensure accurate financial results, budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc analysis.
Who You Are:
You also have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- Professional accounting designation or working towards
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience as a Financial or Senior Financial Analyst
- Highly proficient computer skills with various applications with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with an ERP system is required. Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Planning an asset.
As the Senior Financial Analyst of FP&A, you will:
- Perform periodic variance analyses and
provide explanation of material variances and evaluate impacts to future
- Provide periodic expense reports to business
partners in a timely manner with relevant narrative on key variances
- Engage business partners to review periodic
expense reports and understand causes of key variances
- Effectively collaborate with various
individuals across the organization to coordinate and manage expenses impacting
multiple business units
- Support the month end close process to ensure
accurate financial statements
- Support the annual budgeting process
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.