Operations Manager, Logistics (Inbound)
Location SCARBOROUGH , Ontario
Category Distribution Center
Job Opened May 15th, 2019
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 190003GJ
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
This Operations Manager role is an important part of the leadership team, supporting the growth of our Ecommerce Fulfillment business within our HBC Scarborough Distribution Centre. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing managerial expertise and direction in all areas of the daily operations including leadership, organizational structure, managing productivity programs, meeting service levels, communication, and team development. This position is accountable for the daily functions within the Distribution Centre, and for facilitating the timely and accurate processing of customer orders.
This role may be required to cover a weekend shift (i.e. Friday through Monday). Respondents are urged to consider this prior to applying.
This location is currently the home to approximately 400 HBC associates, a workforce that grow substantially during our peak periods. With the anticipated growth of the Ecommerce business over the next 12-18 months, the building�s population will more than double in size and be one of the largest HBC logistics centers in Canada. The Operations Manager in this location will play an integral part in this evolution of the building, joining a team responsible for the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices in order to support future growth. This is a very exciting time for the company and for our logistics network and we are looking for a forward thinking, motivated, high energy, multi-tasker who has a passion for people and demonstrates pride, passion and integrity every single day. The selected candidate will foster teamwork and help cultivate a collaborative working environment.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a professional, fast-paced environment and be willing to deal with shifting priorities. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
You Also Have:
- Profit minded and results oriented.
- Highly motivated and passionate.
- Risk taker
- Take initiative with a proactive approach to new challenges/opportunities.
- Positive attitude.
- Recognize achievement.
- Demonstrate cooperation and fosters productivity within and beyond own team and department.
- Committed to personal improvement and ensure others within team improve.
- Ability to accept responsibility, admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while being open and honest.
- Proficient with various software applications including MS Office.
- Strong ability to dissect, analyze and solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent judgment skills and good work ethics.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Strong planning, problem solving and organization skills. Proficient in using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Demonstrate ability to develop strong partnerships.
As The Operations Manager � Logistics, You Will:
- University degree/college diploma� or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Ability to cover weekend shift (i.e. Friday through Monday).
- Minimum of 3 years previous Operations Manager experience in similar role.
- Minimum 5-10 years in a leadership role.
- Experience in ecommerce or high volume unit pick and pack environment.
- Experience in working with unionized environment would be an asset.
- Develop and execute staffing and resource plans for multiple departments, both in the context of supporting ongoing volumes, but also to plan for and support high volume growth.
- Act as a leader in the development, measurement and execution of programs aimed at improving efficiency and productivity of the work force.
- Facilitate the timely commutation of company policies, relevant facility news, daily and weekly work requirements to staff and supporting employees.
- Promote and advocate for HR initiatives and people programs within supervisory group, and working with union leaders and maintaining and responding to union concerns in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain a winning team with a goal of meeting objectives while working together.
- Serve as the voice of our customers to each employee to ensure exceptional service standards are adhered to; actively support the company�s commitment to standards of quality customer service.
- Take on a leadership role in the execution of training and development programs and a leadership role in aligning business strategies with change management strategies to build capabilities to sustain and implement change.
- Maintain the physical security of company assets, building and property.
- Treat the health and safety of all employees as paramount, and serving as a leader in ensuring health and safety is preserved in all areas of the facility.
- Maintain all communication programs including regular staff meetings, following up on concerns/issues, supporting employee recognition programs, and performing ongoing performance meeting.
- Create an atmosphere of continuous learning and identifying and developing eligible candidates for succession planning.
- Keep current and continuing to develop new skills and knowledge in the logistics field and in related fields.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Office is located within the Scarborough Distribution Centre.
- Periodic Travel within the GTA for meetings.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.