Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Department Supervisor supports the workflow of the store's Sales Associates by executing department merchandising and operational functions to Company Standards. At HBC, service is about more than responding to your customers: it�s about anticipating, engaging, and offering solutions. In short, you are Lord and Taylor�s connection to the customers, and the Company relies on you to delight them!
Who You Are:
- The Department Supervisor works on the retail sales-floor, and may be expected to work a range of retail hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
You Also Have:
- Prior experience in sales, customer service or other work environment working with the public.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Prior supervisory experience in one of the above environments a plus.
The Department Supervisor:
- Is knowledgeable about promotions, product knowledge, customer service policies, and procedures.
- Sets the standard for the Signature Customer Experience within their area by complying with all of the Lord & Taylor�s Service Standards.
- Demonstrates leadership as a problem solver and decision-maker by efficiently resolving customer's questions and requests.
- Assists with global store communications.
- Works with all Executives to ensure integrity and adherence to the communication.
- Based on unique circumstances of the store, may be required to perform store opening and/or store closing procedures.
- Offers suggestions for improvement to Management.
- Support department associates teams in executing Company standards by utilizing promotional updates, look books, etc. in accordance with Lord & Taylor merchandise presentation standards.
- Supervises department and fitting room recovery standards in accordance with merchandising standards, including maintaining fitting rooms, sales floor and work areas.
- Assists with price changes, RTV�s, Transfers, and other paperwork as directed by store management.
- Assists in the maintenance of Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.