Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Saks OFF 5TH.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Assistant Planner is responsible for driving store level sales through optimal merchandise allocation strategies and localized vendor assortment recommendations. They will work closely with the Planner to achieve sales and profit objectives for merchandise category/categories, working in conjunction with one or more buying teams. The AP will support Planner with development and successful execution of topside financial plans, assortment and buy plans
Who You Are:
- A natural problem-solver, who is also analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
You also have:
- You have a can-do attitude
- Post Secondary education or commensurate retail experience
- Minimum 3 years in buying, planning or allocation capacity
- Fundamental understanding of supply chain operations and inventory management
As the Assistant Planner, you will:
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Support Planner in developing capacity plans to align with allocation by store (Inventory/SF)
- Help support Planner in recommendations of style count and unit density
- Responsible for management of inventory by location ensuring store level inventory is aligned to store plans, store sales trends floor space, respond to store opportunities, presentation standards and customer experience
- Analyze key item trends, and seasonality adjusting forecasts, receipts and inventory levels as needed to drive business
- Provides recommendations to Planners on store clustering
- Owns the operational functions and execution of DCM
- Own and execute buy quantity for Promo Events
- Responsible for store allocation to support capacity plans and sales trends
- Take on progressively increased responsibility and ownership of a piece of the business as you progress in your Assistant role.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.