Distribution/Warehouse - Seasonal Full Time Material Handler
Location WILKES-BARRE , Pennsylvania
, United States
Category Distribution Center
Job Opened July 15th, 2019
Job Number 190004FS
Job Type Seasonal/Temporary
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord and Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Material Handler is an integral part of the distribution operation. Essentially, you are responsible for making sure that merchandise reaches the designated end-destination in a timely fashion. You will be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, team, playing an integral part in the overall shipping and receiving operation.
Who You Are:
You also have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively responsible and hard-working
- You enjoy and are totally comfortable with physical work, which includes lifting up to 50 lbs and being on your feet for a long time.
- 6 months of experience in a distribution center in similar position is a strong asset but not necessary
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
As the Material Handler, you will:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Receipt and distribution of inbound freight from Full-line stores
- Retrieval and loading of outbound freight to stores
- Hanging and rearranging of merchandise in aisles
- Pulling and retrieval of merchandise for outbound processing
- Moving and sorting merchandise on rolling racks
- Providing assistance with heavy containers
- Assist in discarding used processing materials
- Assist in inbound/outbound processing materials
- Flexibility with regards to tasks, area, and schedules
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.