Sales Associate, Full Time
Location WILKES-BARRE , Pennsylvania
, United States
Job Opened December 9th, 2019
Job Number 190004HI
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Sales Associate represents Lord & Taylor and its ideals of service and quality to the customer. The Sales Associate must always be ready to assist customers with merchandise selection and ensure that the customer's overall Lord & Taylor experience is a positive one. Professionalism and knowledge of merchandise are essential qualities for a successful Sales Associate. As representatives of Lord & Taylor's fashion image, all Sales Associates are expected to dress in a professional manner. Sales Associates must be able to work in a team-oriented environment, have strong people skills and be comfortable with building client relationships. Full Time and Part Time Sales Associates report to a Store Manager.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
As The Sales Associate, You Will:
- Experience in a service/selling industry preferred
- An understanding of fashion is preferred
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Generate sales by determining customer's needs.
- Develop product knowledge by learning the merchandise features, advantages and benefits.
- Open new charge accounts.
- Maintain floor standards including replenishment and presentation as well as the general appearance and cleanliness of the store.
- Understand all systems and procedures relating to sales and credit transactions.
- Enforce loss prevention and shortage control procedures.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.