Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The overall purpose of this position is to protect company assets by controlling the physical security of the building and perform duties providing store support to reduce shortage.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively responsible and dutiful
- You know how to show discretion, and can easily deal with private and highly sensitive matters
- Your schedule is quite flexible, allowing for some holiday coverage and OT as required
- You are physically capable to lift up to 30 lbs (repetitively)
You also have:
- Minimum 1 year in a similar position is an asset but not necessary
- Basic computer skills (email, data entry)
As the Asset Protection Investigator, you will:
- Assist the department in identifying shortage
- Operate Asset Protection systems (CCTV, Burglar / Fire Alarms, etc.)
- Receive / direct phone calls and greet / log visitors
- Completion of daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Communicate verbally and in writing with stores on various issues
- Utilize multiple Asset Protection Databases
- Perform associate package and identification checks
- Distribute EAS tags and AP equipment for branch locations
- Communicate in writing and/or verbally issues of note to appropriate parties
- Issue keys, equipment and permits to associates
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.