Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What Is This Position Is All About:
The Assistant General Manager is accountable to the Sales Director for all aspects of the achievement of excellence in the efficient and effective growth of the businesses in the store while striving to meet or exceed the profit model and productivity standards.
Reporting to the Assistant General Manager are the Sales Managers. The Assistant General Manager is accountable for supporting the ongoing development and growth of the Sales Managers.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You are unafraid to voice your concerns and ideas, to raise your hand when you see the opportunity for improvement
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines
As The Group Sales Manager, You Will:
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to establish relationships with internal and external partners
- Must be able to Problem solve, make decisions, think critically and analytically
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for making sure that the Sales Management team is maximizing all In Store Marketing initiatives and execution of all promotional initiatives
- Responsible for leading the Sales Management team to follow the store business plan by maximum utilization of physical assets, maximize sales and gross profit per square foot, maximize return on investment and maximum Gross Profit
- Responsible for making sure that all company processes are communicated, executed and measured
- Responsible for making sure that training is provided to improve productivity in identified areas
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request inrelation to the materials or processes to be used.