Merchandise Assistant, Contemporary
Location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened July 11th, 2019
Job Number 190004T1
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America, include Hudson?s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Saks OFF 5TH.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Merchandise Assistant works with the Buying Team, assisting with administrative merchandising tasks. The MA primarily assists the Buying Team with go-to-market preparation, sample management, tactical vendor communications, price changes, and ad hoc analysis support. The position requires frequent communication with other members of the buying team as well as with vendors, distribution centers, stores and customers.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
You also have:
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- University or college degree or commensurate retail experience
- Preferred 1-2 years related experience in a merchandise capacity
As the Merchandise Assistant, you will:
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Manages sample process for marketing and advertising submissions
- Actively follows through with stores to ensure that RTV's and Transfers are processed in a timely manner
- Support the markdown and price change process by working with Buyer and vendors to action markdown strategy (promo downloads and firm markdowns that need to be keyed manually)
- Create and track POs from multiple buying pods
- Set up SKUs as well as UPC and vendor numbers
- Ecomm onboarding for all new SKUs
- Develop routine reports and dashboards (e.g., TY/LY recaps and analysis)
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.