Associate Production Manager
Location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Category Owned Brands
Job Opened September 11th, 2019
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 190006B1
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Saks OFF 5TH.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
The Associate Manager, Sourcing and Production will autonomously lead and own the Children's business. The incumbent will be the production point person for all components of that business from development through shipping. The Associate Manager will demonstrate a commitment to establishing and creating strong, open working partnerships with factory partners as well as critical internal partners. The Associate Manager will successfully ensure on time shipping of product that meets/exceeds HBC standards of quality, brand DNA, and costing.
Who You Are:
- Highly accurate, organized and calendar driven, with ability to handle many competing priorities.
- Proactive approach to anticipate issues and provide solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level Excel and email abilities required.
You Also Have:
- 2-3 years of progressive responsibility, preferably in Children�s apparel
- Experience working with overseas agents.
- Experience working with design,creative, and merchandising partners.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency with Google platforms.
As The Sourcing Production Manager, You Will:
- Drive the Children's business through autonomous ownership, with support of the Divisional Vice President
- Own calendar meetings, lead designated costing, negotiation, early commit, costing meetings for designated category
- Assist in vendor/factory allocation with confident POV on vendor/factory capabilities
- Liaise daily with cross-functional partners - Merchandising, Tech, Design, and Operations/Logistics - to ensure best costing and on time delivery
- Clearly communicate and follow up with overseas direct factory partners and cross-functional partners via email, video conferencing, and teleconferencing
- Proactively troubleshoot issues arising with placements, minimums, styling revisions, order entry, delivery, short/over equipment, early commit; enlisting supervisor's partnership as needed
- Collate, review, and accurately recap information to be sent and received (development, art, costing, Buy commitments, projections, early commits) with ongoing follow-up
- Actively participate in team meetings by providing insight, creatively/proactively working to troubleshoot issues
- Support Capacity planning by vendor, early commit communication/deadlines and production reservation/Greige commits (as needed)
- Assist in development and maintenance of vendor/factory/agent relationships for the business
- Ensure clear communication, call outs on costing, allocation and placements to Merchandising as well as overseas partners
- Provide summary recaps by business, category, and season for orders placed
- Manage special projects in conjunction with daily responsibilities
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.