Manager, Asset Protection (Lord and Taylor)
Location TRUMBULL , Connecticut
, United States
Job Opened November 29th, 2019
Education High School Diploma/GED
Job Number 19000773
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Asset Protection Manager�s primary responsibility is to protect Lord & Taylor assets and employees. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to: improve profitability by developing and implementing shortage reduction programs, help maintain a safe business environment, ensure employees comply with all of Lord & Taylor policies and procedures, heighten the awareness of all shortage programs and enforce company standards as related to security and safety procedures. The Asset Protection Manager reports directly to the Regional Asset Protection Manager.
Who You Are:
You also have:
- A natural and proven leader, who is a natural relationship builder, too
- Your leadership style is open-door (focused on motivating, coaching, and helping to set priorities)
- You are comfortable with public speaking, technology, and learning-on-the-job!
- You thrive in a fast-paced environments and can easily shift priorities and implement balance in your workload
- You are comfortable with physical work where standing and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may be required
- Your schedule is flexible enough that you are comfortable with working on evenings and/or weekends when needed
As the Manager, Asset Protection, you will:
- University or College degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2+ years of loss prevention experience, preferably in retail
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview Certification ideal
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters and other people who commit any criminal act
- Investigate criminal violations against the person or property of any customer or associate committed on company property
- Partner, initiate, develop and maintain an effective Shortage Awareness Program in the store
- Partner with Store Management to ensure compliance with shortage audits by maintaining Merchandise Protection Standards, Cash Office Controls and the policies and standards of Fine Jewelry and other sensitive areas
- Coach, train and mentor staff to meet or exceed established productivity standards and goals and reduce turnover
- Analyze and enhance Asset Protection systems and programs to maximize productivity, profitability and time management
- Review, challenge and analyze all expenses and vendor costs to competitive price points
- Initiate and manage reviews to CONTRA credit by creative programs
- Participate in store meetings, programs and special projects as appropriate or deemed necessary by senior management
- Improve associate awareness at store rallies and department meetings
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.