Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What Is This Position Is All About:
Under the direction of the General Manager or Assistant General Manager of Merchandising, the Selling Director is responsible for driving sales through developing the selling skills and behaviors of the selling associates, creating a high performance team, and consistently coaching for optimal sales results. The Selling Director must maintain high visibility on the selling floor to model focused sales and service behaviors, establish and maintain client relationships, and create effective teamwork.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You have been described by past peers and managers as having �strong leadership skills� and �excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills�
- You have a proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- You utilize your strong communication skills to inspire, direct, and lead your team to meet all proposed deadlines
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines
As The Selling Director You Will:
- 4-year degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success, managing a selling workforce and achieving results
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility in scheduling as the business needs require evening, weekend, and holiday schedules
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Take an active role in the training and ongoing education of the selling team, provide product knowledge training, event information, policy and procedure updates, as well as ensure that merchandise opportunities are appropriately communicated to the merchant organization in order to support the selling effort
- Maintain a strong floor presence to drive selling efforts, model service behaviors to reinforce the service imperative, and ensure consistent adherence to the service standards
- Provides a comfortable and welcoming shopping environment for the client by ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the SCD, selling floor, fitting rooms and customer areas, filling in merchandise and recovering the floor as needed.
- Act as a leader and motivator to the sales team by modeling, training, coaching, and rewarding selling behaviors
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.