Assistant Planner - Women's Shoes - Hudson's Bay
Location BRAMPTON , Ontario
Job Opened March 20th, 2020
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 200000UK
Job Type Full-Time
What This Position is All About:
The Assistant Planner is responsible for driving store level sales through optimal merchandise allocation strategies and localized vendor assortment recommendations. They will work closely with the Planner to achieve sales and profit objectives for merchandise category/categories, working in conjunction with one or more buying teams. The AP will support Planner with development and successful execution of topside financial plans, assortment and buy plans
Who You Are:
You also have:
- A natural problem-solver, who is also analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You have a can-do attitude
As the Assistant Planner, you will:
- Post Secondary education or commensurate retail experience
- Minimum 3 years in buying, planning or allocation capacity
- Fundamental understanding of supply chain operations and inventory management
- Mental math ability
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word)
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Support Planner in developing capacity plans to align with allocation by store (Inventory/SF)
- Help support Planner in recommendations of style count and unit density
- Responsible for management of inventory by location ensuring store level inventory is aligned to store plans, store sales trends floor space, respond to store opportunities, presentation standards and customer experience
- Analyze key item trends, and seasonality adjusting forecasts, receipts and inventory levels as needed to drive business
- Provides recommendations to Planners on store clustering
- Owns the operational functions and execution of DCM
- Own and execute buy quantity for Promo Events
- Responsible for store allocation to support capacity plans and sales trends
- Take on progressively increased responsibility and ownership of a piece of the business as you progress in your Assistant role.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.