What Is This Position All About:
The Hudson’s Bay Corporation (HBC) in New York City offers a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join as a Senior Tax Accountant to support our Corporate Tax group. The Senior Tax Accountant will ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the separate company federal, foreign, state and local income tax returns, quarterly and annual provisions for income taxes, estimated tax payments and extension calculations. This position will assist on Federal and State income tax audits as well as tax projects. The position reports to the Tax Manager and supervises one staff member.
· Prepare Federal and state tax returns, extensions and quarterly estimated tax calculations.
· Assist with the tax provision process by calculating book/tax differences, and analyzing FIN 48 reserves and valuation allowance.
· Respond to federal, state and local tax notices and assist with income tax audits.
· Work closely with capital accounting group to ensure tax fixed assets are correctly calculated and maintained.
· Perform monthly REIT testing.
· Assist with special projects as needed.
· Coordinate and work with other corporate
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Masters in Tax and CPA preferred.
· Knowledge and experience in preparing federal tax returns and multi state corporate income tax returns.
· Knowledge and experience in ASC 740.
· At least 3 to 5 years of experience.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a self-starter and team player
· Experience with OneSource (Gosystem, TaxStream) and Checkpoint preferred.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.