Asset Protection Access Control Associate
Location BURLINGTON , Ontario
Job Opened July 2nd, 2020
Education High School Diploma/GED
Job Number 2000023X
Job Type Full-Time
What This Position is All About
As a member of the Corporate Asset Protection team, you will be accountable for all aspects of Asset Protection as they relate to the Store and Corporate objectives. You will need to identify and report incidents and will be responsible for the Security and Safety of the Toronto Corporate Office. The Asset Protection Access Control Associate will periodically patrol the building to identify any irregularities, observe protection and fire control equipment, uphold order, and enforce regulations for the office in regards to the premises, associates and visitors.
Who You Are:
- Strong computer system skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Must have good inter-personal skills and be able to effectively communicate with associates and managers in a positive way.
- Basic knowledge of CCTV systems and covert camera installation.
- Critical Analysis, relationship building with store colleagues, local law enforcement and vendors.
- Needs to adapt solutions to new situations requiring significant reasoning or interpretation
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The person in this position needs to frequently walk throughout the office, move about inside the office and attend meetings.
- Must be able to maneuver in a normal office environment and stoop or kneel and other physical exertion required in a normal office environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50%-70% of time. Sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer, conducting surveillance and walking throughout the store is common and frequent.
Must be willing and capable of physically affecting an apprehension and physically detaining a theft offender
- Must to able to readily travel within city and/or region on short notice if needed
- Schedule flexibility required.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential issues properly.
- Computer skills
- Possess high quality and professional standards.
You Also Have:
- High School Degree or Equivalency
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- 1 year of retail Loss Prevention experience or investigative work in another field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Must have strong inter-personal skills.
As The Asset Protection Access Control Associate, You Will:
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Ensures all physical security standards are maintained and communicates issues immediately
- Consistently identify internal and external theft opportunities to achieve targets of investigative performance
- Utilize Case Management to quickly and accurately document incidents and investigative updates
- Must be proficient in the Credit System, Banner-Specific Investigative Systems, POS monitoring, Electronic Journal and CCTV
- Must maintain the highest levels of confidentiality regarding investigations
- Will perform departmental audits and safety inspections
- Will play a participatory roll in the annual physical inventory and reconciliation process and provide feedback to the APM for the local Shortage Strategy development
- An external key and alarm pass code holder to the building and is responsible for opening and closing the building (if applicable)
- Will respond and assist with both associate and customer accidents. The Access Control Associate must document and ensure the information is communicated within 24 hours
- Required to successfully complete all the on-line training within the first three weeks of their employment and maintain annual refresher training
Access Control Associate must exemplify the highest standard of conduct both on and off duty
- Generate and complete internal and external merchandise theft related investigations by utilizing CCTV systems and Exception Based Reporting.
- Perform Audits, Training, and Awareness Communication
- Maintain physical security of building and company Assets
- Documentation and Follow-up of the Case Management System
- Maintain Access Control of Facility before and after hours
- Complete AP administrative functions (Validating Associate Returns, Key Control, Associate Purchases)
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.