Location CALGARY , Alberta
Job Opened July 13th, 2020
Education Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Job Number 2000025J
Job Type Full-Time
What This Position is All About
The Asset Protection Manager is responsible for the overall inventory shortage performance and total execution of the Asset Protection Strategy for their respective store. This individual will ensure that all company policies, local, provincial, and federal laws are adhered to in the execution of internal and external theft investigations or inquiries. The Asset Protection Manager will be working collaboratively with Customer and Associate groups within the store to ensure all objectives are clearly communicated and executed.
Who You Are:
- Creates a work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation
- Actively collaborates and contributes to a positive team dynamic
- Brings energy and ideas when brainstorming multiple approaches and solutions
You Also Have:
- High School diploma or equivalency required, along with a valid provincial security license. College degree preferred
- 5+ years of retail Asset Protection Experience, large volume retail environment preferred
- You are someone with strong aptitude and knowledge of retail security systems, information systems, and productivity software
- You have a proven track record of identifying shortage exposures and creative strategies to overcome them
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview Certification ideal
- Comfortable with public speaking, technology, and learning on the spot
As the Asset Protection Manager, You Will:
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of physical inventory by monitoring reports and audits on a daily and monthly basis with the Asset Protection Investigators
- Consistently communicate with Store Leadership, Managers and Associates to drive awareness of inventory shortage results, shortage concerns and strategy initiatives
- Provide final oversight of audit execution and internal audit readiness
- Work with sales support to assure shortage control processes are followed
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.