What This Position is All About:
The Maintenance Technician/Electrician is part of a team that maintained the HBC Shared Services Center, with a strong emphasis on Electrical power and emergency power inspection and repair. Other maintenance responsibilities include, but are not limited to; preventive maintenance and service on all critical gear and utility supplying power to the building and the data center, upgrades to electrical systems, UPS and lighting, general maintenance inside/outside of the building, maintain clean organized mechanical rooms, equipment closets and equipment, HVAC inspection and repair, lighting repairs, painting, plumbing repairs as needed on all building systems, including; restrooms, HVAC, outside irrigation, generator inspections, roof inspections and minor repairs and building aesthetics. All work shall be performed to code, while maintaining safety at the highest level and to OHSA standards.
The Maintenance Technician/Electrician will be part of an on call rotation to maintain the building 24/7, 365 days per year. The normal working horus for this position will be Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm., with a 1 hour lunch. Should there be an emergency, these hours may change or require coming in early or staying late to take care of any issue.
Who Are You:
- Has a good sense of time and is able to complete tasks in a timely manner by utilizing time management and organizational skills
- Can be relied upon to consistently deliver exceptional results with little to no guidance
- Independent worker who takes ownership of projects at hand but also someone that can work well and achieve goals in a team environment
- Someone who takes initiative and is flexible, adapts well to change and is willing take on ad-hoc tasks that come their way
You Also Have:
- Certified electrician with 4-6 years of experience capable of working with AC/DC with voltages to 480V
- Working knowledge of energy management systems
- 4-6 years of commercial electrical experience
- Proficient in electrical controls and circuitry, reading schemaics
- Able to repetitively lift loads in excess of 50 pounds
- Work in cold or hot environment
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, lighting and maintenance repairs
- Working knowledge of Three Phase 480 Volt motors and circuitry
- Perform electrical work within NEC standards
- Install and maintain power and data wiring for data communication systems
- Oversee installations and repairs by third party contractors assuring work is performed within NEC guidelines
- Install circuits that include installing pipe and wire
- Install/Relocate cameras supporting Asset Protection
- Suppotr IT; install monitors, chassis, running Cat 5 and fiber between components
As The Maintenance Technician/Electrician, you will:
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair eletricial, electronic systems, controls and components of industrial machines, tools and production/utility equipment
- Perform diagnostic tests, repair or replace electronic-control related components on industrial equipment, tools, and other related production equipment
- Diagnose, repair and replace faulty components of machines and equipment including but not limited to; seals, gaskets, motor bearings and gear boxes
- Responsible for working with and repairing electrical systems and components of the building up to 480 volts, working with switchgear, transformers, panels, all lighting/ballast repairs
- Responsible for inspection, testing and general maintenance of (2) generators; 1600 KW and 2500 KW with (4) automatic transfer switches. General maintenance includes; daily inspections and logging, checking fluid temps levels and charging systems. Reporting any issues to the building manager.
- Required to also maintain, programs and monitors the Trane Energy Management System, to control/monitor lighting & HVAC throughout the building efficiently.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.